Hey ya'll! Just a huge reminder of the fun August Authorama in Orem this Saturday 1-4 pm. 5 amazing authors will be there to sign books and you can grab yourself some amazing FREE dutch oven lunch, ballons, face painting, candy and giveaways....YOU'LL WANT TO GET THERE EARLY-it's only free until it's gone. Bring the whole family for a fun time. See ya'll there!
Saturday, August 13th
Pioneer Book, 858 S. State, Orem
12 – 4 pm
Games, prizes, balloons, face painting,
and Dutch oven cobbler
prepared by world champion cook
will all be there to sign books.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream 1/2c. soft butter, 3/4 C. sugar, and 3/4 brown sugar until light and fluffy in a large mixing bowl
- Add 2 eggs one at a time.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla. Mix well
- Combine 1 1/2 c. flour, 1 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt together
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined
- Stir in 1 1/2 c. vanilla or white chips
- Stir in 3/4 c. of your favorite chopped nuts if desired.
- Grease a 13 X 9 inch pan with spray and then line with parchment paper so that the paper comes up the sides on two sides at least.
- Spoon dough into pan and spread evenly
- Bake for 25-30 min or until top cracks and is golden brown
- Cool on wire rack
- Use parchment paper to remove from pan and cut into rectangles.