Cassandra Clare's Book- City of Bones and Similes


Books I'm currently reading by Cindy

So, I’m reading Cassandra Clare’s City of Bones. Actually, I’ve been listening to it while in Orlando. Sorry for the inconsistent blogging this week...
I’m on chapter twelve and am intrigued by the crazy world Clare has built. The main character, Clary, (Since I’m listening to and not reading this book, I have no idea how to spell any of the names, but I’ll do my best.) discovers she is part of a world she didn’t know existed.
Clary is sassy and impatient. In fact, all the characters in this unique story “don’t take no guff.” Sarcasm laces almost every verbal exchange. Forget about finding sweetness in this story, it’s all about grit.
I’ve never read a book so chock full of similes, and I’m not sure how I feel about it.  Some of the time, I love them and other times, I find myself irritated, wanting to tell her to knock it off. What do you think? Has Cassandra Clare over-used similes in this book? Do you like it or not?