Junior High Drama

Drama Queen by Bree     

     I'm going to share a common DRAMA story that happens almost on a daily basis at my jr. high. So, your best friend Suzy comes up to you and says," I hate my life. I want to die."
     What can you say to that? "I'm sorry," and then walk away? No, you can't do that, this is your BEST friend. You can't just blow her off, but at the same time you don't want to get in the middle of the drama fest, cause you don't know what you're getting yourself into.
     So, you take the bite and say, "What's wrong?"
     She says, "Bobby just left me for Jane."
(Jane, if you must know, is her second best friend.)
     You automatically feel sorry for her because she really liked Bobby and Jane is supposedly her good friend.
     Then you say, "What can I do for you?"
     This opens a can of worms because she could say a couple of things. First, the words you hope to hear, "Nothing, its okay," or what you really don't want to hear, "Go kill Jane for me."
(Did I mention that you are also friends with Jane?)
     Jane knew Suzy and Bobby were together and you can imagine what Jane was thinking when Bobby went after her, "He likes me. I can't believe it. A boy likes me. He must not like Suzy anymore. Guess it's okay to  be with him."
(If you're ever tempted with such thoughts, stop them!  They only lead to trouble. Remember, she's you're friend. Good friends do not date their good friends boyfriends or even exes. Stealing him from her will end your friendship for sure. Instead, even if you have feelings for the guy your friend is dating or has dated, stay away.) 
     So, you say to Suzy, "Don't worry, he'll come back to you. You'll see." But inside, you want to wring his cheating neck because it takes two to tango.
     Suzy starts to cry, and you're there for her. You're her shoulder she needs to cry on. She has a broken heart, so you'll have to cut her some slack for a bit while you hunt down that two timing boy and give him a piece of your mind.