The Importance of Writers' Conferences

This week I'm teaching a class and directing a table at Boot Camp at Storymakers writers' conference. (Thursday-Saturday) It's going to be better than chocolate cake. Seriously!

 This is the conference that taught me how to be an author. I've been going for six years now and I still say it's the best writers' conference around.

I get asked all the time for advice about what aspiring authors should do to become a great writer and I always tell them to go to writers' conferences. It is the most effective way to learn the skills you need to become a successful author and you get to meet a ton of published and aspiring authors. You'll love it. Give it a try.

In the meantime, come see me at a mass signing at 4:15 this Saturday at the Davis Conference Center near Target in Layton. There will be hundreds of authors for you to meet. Can't get better than that.

And guess what? There's still time to enter to win an audiobook 
of Watched or Adrenaline Rush. Go enter. The contest ends tonight.

Also- I'm blogging over at iWriteNetwork today. Go check it out!

What writers' conferences have you attended?
What did you think? What did you learn?