It's a Little Haywire by Elle Strauss


Do you like it when things get a little HAYWIRE?


You are going to love this book! And it's free for two days only-today and tomorrow (Feb 22-23) here

What's it about?

Owen True is eleven and eleven twelfths and has been "exiled" to the small crazy town of Hayward, WA, aka, Haywire, while his mother is on her honeymoon. All he has to whittle away the time is the company of Gramps, his black lab Daisy, and his Haywire friends, Mason and Mikala Sweet. They don't look so hot this year, in fact, the whole town has gone to pot since the mill shut down.

Owen has his first encounter with a real life homeless man who ends up needing Owen's help in more ways than one. But how does a rich city kid help the small town's suffering citizens?

And what is Owen to make of the fog train and its scary, otherworldy occupants that appears out of thin air on the old tracks behind Gramps' house? Do they have the answer Owen is looking for?

Not convinced yet? I think you're nuts, but read this!

Praise for IT'S A LITTLE HAYWIRE

"Strauss' characters are absolutely precious, especially Mikala. Your heart just breaks for her and her family. And Owen was a funny little toot, with a heart of gold. Just because you are young doesn't mean you can't help a community in need!Such a wonderful little read, that brought a tear to my eye at the end." -  Mandy at twimom101 book blog- book reviewer

"IT'S A LITTLE HAYWIRE reminds me of Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo. It's that good....I loved the magic in this story. I mean the magic of story, a great story, the kind that pulls you in and makes you care about the characters. Elle Strauss does a wonderful job of pulling everything together at the end in a moving way."  - Laura Pauling - book blogger,  book reviewer
Elle Strauss
The sterile bio...don't worry, the fun bio is coming...
Elle Strauss writes Young Adult and Middle Grade fiction. She's a married mom of four, and lives in the beautiful Okanagan Valley, famous for beaches and vineyards. She's fond of Lindt's sea salt dark chocolate and hiking in good weather. Her Young Adult rom/com time-travel CLOCKWISE and contemporary/otherworldly Middle Grade IT'S A LITTLE HAYWIRE are now available on Amazon.


Here are the questions we all really want answered and I wasn't afraid to ask them!

Do you wear socks to bed?

Wow, no one has asked me that one before. And the answer is YES. At least for half the night and when my feet go from freezing cold to hot, I slip them off.

What are 5 things most people wouldn't know about you?

1. That I wear socks to bed
2. I'm an only child
3. I'm afraid of heights
4. But I'm not a fearful person, generally speaking
5. I had all my four kids before I turned 30


Why did you write It's a little Haywire and what's it all about?

This book is more personal than anything else I've written. It's inspired by letters my oldest son wrote to my parents when he was ten (it's how I captured Owen True's voice), by my father who likes to break into song, by my childhood memories visiting the small town my grandparents lived in during the summer holidays. And by my concern for the poor and disenfranchised.

Here's a list of her favorites. Can you guess what the questions were?

Here are the answers, can you guess the questions?
Dark Chocolate, Red wine, 70's rock and contemporary folk, lakes, palm trees, Europe, Thai food, bike rides, Pride and Prejudice, Bible


I know, you want more of Elle- go get it!

www.ellestraussbookscom
Twitter: @elle_strauss
Facebook : Elle Strauss - Author
Goodreads: Elle Strauss Goodreads Author 
Google+: Elle Strauss 
Wattpad: Elle Strauss 

What do you think of this book? Are you going to go get your free copy now?