Hallowed by Cynthia Hand - A Review

Go learn about some awesome new authors here. You could win their books.

What I'm reading now Hallowed
Release date January 17th, 2012. Preorder yours today.

The back blurb:
Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
For months Clara Gardner trained to face the fire from her visions, but she wasn’t prepared for the choice she had to make that day. And in the aftermath, she discovered that nothing about being part angel is as straightforward as she thought.
Now, torn between her love for Tucker and her complicated feelings about the roles she and Christian seem destined to play in a world that is both dangerous and beautiful, Clara struggles with a shocking revelation: Someone she loves will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.
In this compelling sequel to Unearthly, Cynthia Hand captures the joy of first love, the anguish of loss, and the confusion of becoming who you are.

What did I think?

I liked this. Not as much as Unearthly, (I love, love, loved Unearthly-I listened to it) but I liked it, nonetheless. I read an eArc of this book. If you're wondering what that is, it is a book the publisher gives out to reviewers to review the book. I read it on  my Nook-which I love. It's the best. See my review of Unearthly, here.

The story starts with a dream that Clara knows is a type of premonition. An overwhelming sense of sadness accompanies the dream. She sets out to uncover its meaning, and one by one, the clues given expand and become her reality.

I like that Christian comes back into her life in a more meaningful way. I choose him over Tucker. While there is tension between the two, I wish it had been stronger...or maybe different. Maybe I wanted Christian to really fight for her.

I enjoyed the increased tension that accompanied the growing evilness of the Black Wing and the hint at his soft core.

The angel club was a fun addition to the story as well as the twists and turns with her dad and brother. However, I loved her brother in Unearthly and totally dislike him now. What the heck?

I am anxious to find out what will happen in the next book. There are so many possibilites and I hate to have to wait.

College here we come?

You don't want to miss this sequel. It is beautifully written and I love Cynthia Hand's style-smooth and inviitng.