Wish I had a pic.
This is a fantastic, quick meal for any night. I like to serve fresh green beans and broccoli on the same plate to round off the meal. Simply delicious.
First- Cook 1 lb. spaghetti as per instructions on package. Keep 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt 2 Tbl butter in heavy, oven-proof pan over medium heat
- Stir in 1 cup grated bread crumbs. Cook until lightly browned..
- Put into a bowl. Add 1/2 C. grated Parmesan and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle 2 (1 inch) strip steaks (or your favorite cut) with pepper
- Heat 3 Tbl oil in oven-proof skillet. (Medium heat)
- Stir in 3 minced cloves of garlic and 3 thinly sliced green onions. Cook 1 minute.
- Toss into bread crumb mixture.
- Raise heat to high and sear steaks in that same skillet for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle each steak with 2 Tbl of the crumb mixture and put into the oven for 5 more minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Pour drained spaghetti into the bread crumb mixture and toss. If it seems too dry, add some of the pasta water.