The Eats by Cindy Chicken Egg Rolls
You still have time to win a ton of prizes on the Banned Books Week Hop. Click here to enter.
Chicken Egg Rolls
You've got to try these. They are so yummy. They also freeze nicely for lunches.
- Chop one chicken breast into small pieces.
- Fry in 1Tbl. sesame oil.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove, 16 oz washed bean sprouts, 2 cups chopped spinach leaves, 1/2 C finely chopped green onions, and 1/2 C. finely chopped water chestnuts and cook for 3 minutes.
- Combine 2 Tbl. soy sauce and 2 tsp. cornstarch. Stir into chicken mixture.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp. grated ginger root, 1 tsp. sugar, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and let cool.
- Place about 1/4 C cooled mixture on large wonton wrappers
- Fold one corner towars the center over the filling and then fold the other corners to create an envelope.
- Roll up jellyroll style.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or in a pan to 360 degrees
- Deep fry the rolls for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain well and serve immediately