The Eats by Cindy
Thanks to everyone who came to Tristi's launch in Orem on Saturday. We had a blast! Keith's cobbler was to die for. The face painting was amazing and we all got sick on taffy. Great day!
½ lb ground beef-Meat lover? Add 1 lb.
¾ c. chopped onions
2 cloves garlic minced
16 oz of tomatoes (Italian style ok)
2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste or 1 (15 oz.) can of tomato sauce
1 ½ tsp. salt
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
½ tsp pepper
1 bay leaf or 2 shakes
¼ tsp red flaked pepper
1 Tbs. sugar
12 lasagne noodles
½ c. parmesan cheese
1 small carton of cottage cheese
½ lb. mozzarella cheese, grated
½ lb. cheddar cheese, grated
3 eggs beaten
- Start water boiling for noodles in large pot.
- In large sauté pan, cook ground beef until almost no pink can be seen. Add onions and garlic. Saute until all pink is gone from meat.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste/sauce, salt, pepper and other herbs. Stir in sugar.
- Simmer on med. for 30 min.
- Add noodles to boiling water, following directions on package.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, parmesan cheese and cottage cheese.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Line with aluminum foil and spray again.(this makes clean up a breeze)
- Turn your oven on to 350 degrees
- Spoon a small amount of sauce on bottom of pan.
- Next, layer noodles, cottage cheese mixture, and grated cheeses. Cover with sauce and repeat layers ending with grated cheeses on top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting. Serve with garlic toast or bread and your favorite veggies