The Eats by Cindy-better late than never.:)
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
3 Tbl. butter
6 Tbl. flour
½ tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
3 c. milk
1 ¼ cups shredded medium cheddar cheese (5 oz)
¼ c. shredded swiss cheese (1 oz)
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
5 cups cooked macaroni (2 c. uncooked)
- While the macaroni cooks, melt butter then add flour, mustard, and red pepper.
- When bubbly, slowly add 1 c. milk, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Cook 1 min. stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the other 2 c. milk. Cook 10 min. until slightly thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add ¾ c. cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, salt and pepper and stir until cheese melts.
- Stir in cooked macaroni.
- Divide into 6 servings and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 F. for 15 min.
- Let stand 5 min. before serving.
My kids like this served with hot dogs...since I don't eat hot dogs, I have asparagas or a big heaping pile of crisp veggies.