Chicken and Waffles

Tidbits from My Travels by William

I’ve seen Roscoe’s House of Chicken & Waffles on many food and travel shows.  On my last trip to Los Angeles, I made it a priority to eat here.

I went for breakfast, after all, waffles are a breakfast food.  But, fried Chicken?  The first time I heard about eating this combination of food together, it seemed a little strange.  But the idea grew on me to the point I had taste it for myself.

I made my way to the Pico Boulevard location.  I was seated immediately but it took several minutes before I actually saw my waitress.  However, after I ordered, the food was delivered to my table in what seemed like no time.

I opted to go with a smaller portion—one large fried chicken breast and one large waffle.  It was plenty for me.  I was told their secret is in their syrup; it keeps people coming back.

The taste of the chicken and waffles combined was delicious…at least the way they do it.

Make Roscoe’s House of Chicken & Waffles a must eat...if you’re in L.A.