- Mix 4 C. flour and 1 Tbl. instant yeast with 2 tsp. of sugar in a mixer bowl. (I like the Bosch)
- Stir in 1 1/2 C. warm milk and 1/4 C. melted butter.
- Stir in 3/4 tsp. salt and 1 beaten egg.
- Whatever mixer you use. Make sure you're using a dough hook. Knead for 5 minutes in machine.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put in a warm place for about 1 hour until doubled.
- Carefully punch down the dough and then roll onto a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into the shape and size you want.
- Place into oil until light brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
A fun, easy treat everyone loves.