A Change of Plans by Donna K. Weaver

Look what's arrived! 
You can get it too, at her launch or on Amazon, here.

A Change of Plans by Donna K. Weaver!

Her launch is this Saturday at the Orem Library at 2PM. Don't miss your opportunity to meet Donna!

Check out the awesome cover-So beautiful! Just the right amount of sexy.

Donna is so awesome, I thought I should interview her so you
could love her just as much as I do.

The most important question first-

Do you wear socks to bed?
No, but my husband does. lol

Donna K. WeaverHer real life-
What is the ideal day for you?
When I can really make progress on my current story early in the day and then play with my hubby or grandkids later.


 What comes first-writing or everything else?
I wish it was writing, but real life has a higher priority. Gotta pay the bills, you know. But I fight for my writing time, too.

As for reading?
What is your favorite bookstore and why?
Actually, it wouldn’t be a bookstore, it would be my local library. No pressure to buy there, and the staff is wonderfully helpful. And you can find old stuff at the library.


What are you reading right now and is it in your favorite genre?
I have two books going right now, one on audio. That book is The White Dragon by Anne McCaffrey, from the Dragonriders of Pern series (it’s SciFi). The other book is a fun mystery by the awesome Tristi Pinkston, Til Death Do Us Part. It’s the last book in the Secret Sister series.


On to the food-

What is your favorite place to eat out?
For a quick meal, Zupas. I love their food. For more sophisticated meals, I’d say Carrabbas. Love their grill menu.

How many times a week do you eat dessert?
Any time there’s an excuse. *looks at self* Obviously. Except when I’m trying to be good, like now.

What is your favorite type of cheesecake?
Any kind. That stuff is ambrosia.




On the subject of writing-


 What do you love about writing?
Taking an idea and turning it into a full story. Falling in love with the characters and the places.

 What is the hardest part about writing?
Trying to get it right so it fits what I have in mind.  

What are 3 essentials for an author to have?
I’m guessing you mean character traits or attitudes. I would say (1) be teachable because with writing you learn by doing so you need to be constantly learning and practicing what you’ve learned; (2) have a sense of humor, be able to laugh at yourself; and (3) don’t take it so seriously that you’re not having fun—it’s got to be fun or why do it?

Just for fun-



 Donna has a fairy garden. Check it out.

 I originally created the garden several years ago, but the sun did a job on my little peeps, so I recently repainted them. They’re really happy now.



Why do you love living in Utah?
The mountains. I lived for many years in the (very flat) Sacramento area. I get a thrill, even after living here for 20 years, when I look out the window and see those mountains.

So, what's the book about?


When twenty-five-year-old Lyn sets off on her cruise vacation, all she wants is to forget that her dead fiancĂ© was a cheating scumbag. What she plans is a diversion uncomplicated by romance. What she gets is Braedon, an intriguing young surgeon. He's everything her fiancĂ© wasn't, and against the backdrop of the ship's make-believe world, her emotions come alive.


Unaware of the sensitive waters he navigates, Braedon moves to take their relationship beyond friendship—on the very anniversary Lyn came on the cruise to forget. Lyn's painful memories are too powerful, and she runs off in a panic.

But it's hard to get away from someone when you're stuck on the same ship. Things are bad enough when the pair finds themselves on one of the cruise's snorkeling excursions. Then paradise turns to piracy when their party is kidnapped, and Lyn's fear of a fairy tale turns grim.


Sounds awesome, doesn't it? Go get it-what are you waiting for?

Or, I'll see you at her launch this Saturday. I can't wait!

Do you love the idea of being stranded on an island? Why or why not?