Indie-kissing Fun



Could there be a better idea for Valentine's Day?
 I knew right away that I wanted to post a kissing scene from my first book, Watched for this fun blogfest.
Don't you think first kisses are the most memorable of all-good or bad?

Excerpt from Watched by Cindy M. Hogan (did I mention that the eBook of Watched is
                                        Free during Indie-Kissing?- go get it)
Enjoy Christy's first kiss right here-

There, he had said it. Romantically. He thought of me romantically. No way. I tingled all over. Someone, no not just someone: A truly hot boy liked me. ME! My chest burst into flames. Suddenly, I wanted to like him. Did I? I didn’t think so, but what was I feeling? It felt great. Less than an hour ago, he was nothing more than a great friend. I’d been attracted to Alex all along. Why was I feeling this way about Rick now? He was such a good guy, always doing the right things at the right time and saying the right things, too. Could I like him? Should I like him? I looked into the spray of the fountain, and he moved his head in front of mine and smiled sheepishly.
“Any other objections?” he asked, grinning now.
“I-I don’t know. I’m not supposed to date until I’m sixteen,” I said, feeling lame. 
Where had that come from? That quiet voice in my head talked to me at the most inopportune moments.
He just stared at me, his hands gently moving up and down my arms. It tickled and felt warm. He tilted his head to the side. I couldn’t get over the fact that a guy was touching me. I didn’t want it to stop.
“Okay. We won’t date until you’re sixteen, which is….,” he prompted.
“In May,” I said.
“May? That’s only a month down the road. Why sixteen?”
“I don’t know, it’s just when my parents allow me to date.”
“We’ll just hang out then.”
Was hanging out dating? I wasn’t sure. This all felt so good. No, great. I couldn’t think straight. He moved in close, and I noticed again how good he smelled. Spicy. I wanted to move in closer to him, but my stomach clenched and then filled with butterflies—so full, in fact, that I thought it might burst, but it felt amazing all the same.
He was cute, just like I’d told Kira. I’d also told her I wasn’t interested in him, which I wasn’t at the time. Was I now, or was I just responding to him liking me? Did it matter? I mean, a guy liked me. Shouldn’t I take advantage of that fact? I might never get this chance again.
He pulled in closer, and I let out a nervous laugh pulling back slightly. Then our eyes locked, and he got closer and closer until I had to close my eyes. His lips touched mine, warm and soft, and much to my surprise, I kissed him back.
That voice in my head screamed out, “Whaaat are you doing?”
When I pulled back, Rick’s eyes were still closed, I turned and panicked, then ran away.

Was your first kiss memorable? Good or Bad? Spill it!
Now go see what other blogs are sharing with you today for Indie-kissing.