Beastly by Alex Flinn - A Review

What I'm reading now  Beastly
Beastly By Alex FlinnAudible.com was having a sale on audible books for less than 5 bucks and I thought I'd pick up a few. Ever since seeing the movie, Beastly, I'd wondered if the movie did the book justice, because more often than not, the movie stinks and fails the book. Also, it's October and beasts fit nicely into this month.

In this case, it might be the other way around.

Beastly is a story about a boy who is rotten to the core and was taught to be that way by his father. One day, he crosses the wrong girl and finds himself a beast, furry and clawed. The girl put a spell on the boy that requires him to find someone to love him and kiss him while in his beastform within 2 years or he will remain a beast forever.

Cute idea...have I heard it somewhere before?  Sure, but this had the potential to be great. It wasn't. Neither was the movie, but that was expected.

I thought the main character was unbelievable in so many ways and oh so sappy at the end, it almost made me want to puke. I guess it could have been the reader of the book that made me feel this way....who knows. I also thought the love interest was unbelievable and sappy.

Did you read Beastly? Did you think it was sappy? I really want to know. Maybe if I'd read it, I'd have a different view.

Do you think listening to a book slants the way you think of it? Does the reader of a book have that much power?

Happy listening
I'm reading Amour of Light by Karen Hoover, Bound by Christine Bryant, Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir, and To Kill a Mockingbird. I just finished Night Road by Kristin Hannah, Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn, Exiled by RaShelle Workman